As a condition of using this website, you agree to comply with and be subject to all of the following terms and conditions of use.
When placing an order with McWilliam's Wines online or by telephone, you confirm that all the details that you have provided in completing the order and offer to purchase the liquor are true and correct.
It is a condition of purchase that you verify that you are 18 years of age or over. If you do not confirm that you are 18 years or over, your order will not be processed.
The materials (including all software) and services at this site are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind including warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property.
McWilliam's Wines obligations with respect to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided and nothing on this Site should be construed to alter such agreements.
McWilliam's Wines further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials, information or services at this Site.
McWilliam's Wines may make changes to the materials and services at this Site, or to the products and services described in them, at any time without notice.
The materials and services at this Site may be out of date, and McWilliam's Wines makes no commitment to update the materials and services at this Site.
Information published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local McWilliam's Wines business contact for information regarding the products and services that may be available to you.
Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so this exclusion may not apply to you.
The Site is provided by McWilliam's Wines in good faith but McWilliam's Wines does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the Site or the Content or any websites to which the Site is linked, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
The contents of the Site do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision.
To the extent permitted by law, McWilliam's Wines hereby disclaims all liability, howsoever arising, in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the Site and/or any website to which the Site is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation and never in conjunction with operating a motor vehicle or machinery. Women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. Alcohol consumption may cause health problems.
- A case of wine is heavy, so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt, so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines can be volatile due to the build-up of gasses. Extra care should be taken when opening these.
Delivery and Returns Policy
- $10 per case (up to 12 bottles)
- Free Delivery when you spend $300 or more
Delivery Regions and Timeframes
- Australia Post eParcel is our delivery partner and covers all metro and most regional areas. However, the Australian government does not permit alcohol to be delivered to classified dry zones. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require clarification.
- Delivery times are between 3 to 10 business days depending on your address.
Receiving your order
- When we pick your order we will send you an email with your eParcel tracking number http://auspost.com.au/track. Once you have the tracking number you can logon to the eParcel website to get an estimate of delivery day.
- If you are not at home when eParcel delivers, then an Article Awaiting card will be left in your postbox and you can collect your order from a local post office at a later time.
- If you pay by credit card you can request to have your order left unattended. However even if you make this request Australia Post reserves the right to leave an Article Awaiting card. They will do this where eParcel staff judge that the order is not safe or could be accessed by persons under the age of 18 years.
- McWilliams supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. So please note that you or the person receiving your order must have ID proving they are over 18years of age.
Returns and Refunds Policy
If you wish to change or cancel your order, please contact our Customer Service Team as soon as possible on 1800 835 933 or email@example.com. Proof of purchase must be provided to obtain a refund, limits may apply, and all exchange products must be in their original condition and packaging.
If your order is faulty, damaged, is not what you ordered or breaches a consumer guarantee we will refund your money or exchange the product upon presentation of your proof of purchase. If your purchase incurred a delivery fee, then we will cover the cost of delivery for the return.
If you change your mind, exchanges are at McWilliam's Wines discretion. For exchange of a delivered product, unfortunately additional delivery charges will be deducted from your refund. Please note that all change of mind returns must be in their original condition and packaging.
The type of personal information we collect may include (but is not limited to):
- Your name
- Date of birth – please note it is against Liquor Laws to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. In order to process any orders placed through our website, we may ask you to provide additional details or require you to verify your age
- Telephone number
- Email address and
- Information about your wine preferences.
Additionally, as you use this website, certain information is also collected through various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection. This information is collected anonymously and is used to provide improved services to website users, customise the website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the website for your use.
We collect your personal information in order to provide the goods and services that you have requested from us to you. For example, when using this website, we collect your personal information in order to process and administer your order and related purposes.
If you do not provide some or all of the personal information we request, we may not be able provide you with our goods and services.
We may also use your personal information to send you marketing materials from time to time about our other products and services (including by email, direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS).
In order to do these things, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- our related companies or
- outsourced service providers, such as data processors, warehouse providers, mailing houses, and delivery service providers
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in order to send you marketing materials about our other products and services. However, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing materials any time through your online account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information that you provide to us with respect to your membership and wine orders may be processed through service providers based outside Australia (presently Canada). By becoming a member or making an order, you consent to us transferring your personal information to our service providers worldwide for that purpose, using reasonable security measures.
We will generally provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (subject to the exceptions that apply under the NPPs).
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge.
If you would like:
- to request access to your personal information
- to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information
- further information about the way that we manage personal information that we hold or
- would like to update (for example, if you have changed your address)
Please contact the Privacy Officer on (02) 9722 1200 or email email@example.com